PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGICAL IMAGING DATABASE
Data Use Agreement
I request access to data collected by the Pediatric Neurological Imaging Database (PNID) for the purpose of scientific investigation, teaching, or the planning of clinical research studies and agree to the following terms:
- I will receive access to de-identified data and will make no effort to establish the identity of, or to make contact with, any of the subjects in keeping withHIPAA guidelines.
- I will not further disclose these data beyond the uses outlined in this agreement and my data use application and understand that redistribution of these data in any manner is prohibited
- I agree not to use these data in any commercial product. I understand that the use of bone density measures, such as from computed tomography, in the estimation of head tissue conductivity is protected by EGI’s US Patent Number 6,529,759.
- I will require any member of my team who utilizes these data, or anyone with whom I share these data, to comply with this data use agreement
- I will comply with any rules and regulations imposed by my institution and its institutional human subjects review board in requesting these data
If I publish abstracts or manuscripts using data from PNID, I agree to the following:
- I will acknowledge funding by the NIH in support of the PNID in the support acknowledgement section of the abstract or manuscript using language similar to the following:"Data collection and sharing for this project was funded/partially funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke under the Small Business Innovation Research Program (NIH Grant R43NS067726)"2.
- I will report publication of this work, providing the citation listed in a standard publication database (e.g. PubMed), to the grant PIs at the following address: Linda J. Larson-Prior email@example.com & Sergei Turovets firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will ensure that investigators who utilize PNID data use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of the data other than as provided for by this agreement4.
- I will report any use or disclosure of the data not provided for by this Agreement of which I become aware within 15 days of becoming aware of use or disclosure
I understand that failure to abide by these guidelines will result in termination of my privileges to access PNID data.
I understand also that unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, I download the data on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. I am solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the data and assume any risks associated with my data use.